This article outlines an outbreak of severe contamination with germs on the major suppliers of infant milk which resulted in fatality of an infant. Find out about the recall on Similac.
Are you interested in knowing about the effort taken by FDA to recall the formula used by infants? If yes, then read to the end to learn about the most recent controversy regarding the use of infant formula.
Parents of young children from Canada and the United States and Canada are stunned by the announcement made by the FDA which warns of the dangers of using infant formula manufactured by the major food manufacturers for babies. We will now look into every aspect of the recall of Similac.
About Instant Formula
Instant formula, referred to by various names like the baby formula, false milk the first milk baby formula, infant milk and so on. is a bottle-feed product for infants who are less than the age of one. It is available in the shape of a cup or bottle.
The instant formula can be used as a substitute in part or full for milk from the mother. Baby milk products supply all the essential nutrients found in human milk, which can help prevent children from developing malnutrition problems. Because infants drink milk, the product has to meet the various requirements of food.
Recall on Similac
- Similac is a very popular infant milk product manufactured by Abbott Laboratories. Alfred Bosworth developed the product.
- Similac is a well-known Pediatric nutritional product, along with PediaSure as well as Pedialyte.
- The American health officials warned parents to use three infant formulas from that of Abbott Laboratories manufactured from Michigan.
- The alert was issued following an infant’s hospitalization which included the death of an infant who ate the formula. In the aftermath, FDA initiated an investigation into the matter.
- The infant formula was contamination with Cronobacter sakazakiim as well as salmonella. This contamination could cause serious health problems for infants.
FDA for this issue
- The FDA issued the recall of Similac immediately, and Abbott Laboratories is the largest American Infant formula manufacturer.
- The FDA issued a recall notice to avoid the infant’s discontinuation.
- The expiry date listed on the product’s label starts at 1st April 2022, and it will be later. could be a cause for concern.
- FDA has warned users against using this product, or any the infant formula that is powered by it.
What To do as a Consumer?
- The most effective method is to stop supplying children with products from Abbott Laboratories until there is any confirmation. Find out more about recall about Similac.
- Beware of buying products that are regulated by the FDAs like Alimentum, EleCare, and Similac.
- The affected formulas carry formula numbers that include K8 Z2, SH and numbers ranging between 22 and 37. Additionally, the affected formulas’ expiry dates begin on April 1, 2022.
- Users of the product can determine if their item is listed on the recall list on their website, similacrecall.com.
Consumables, particularly infant products need to undergo extensive testing prior to being released to the market in order to prevent such issues. To learn more about this issue go to.
What are your thoughts on the recall of Similac? Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts on this issue.