This post provides all the vital information about the Public Storm Warning #1 Signal; Please read it.
Are you interested in knowing the most recent information about tropical warnings of storms? If so, you’re at the right spot. A severe tropical storm Rai is the official name of the Cyclone. it is locally known as Odette and is slowly increasing in intensity.
People from The Philippines as well as the United States are interested in the latest news regarding Tropical Cyclone and Public Storm Warning #1 Signal and the effects it will have. For all the details take a look at the complete episode below.
A Brief Introduction to Public Storm Warning Signal
The Public Storm Warn Signals broadcast to increase awareness and inform the public of possible weather disturbances. Signal numbers are assigned to areas based on the intensity, size of circulation direction, speed of the storm and other variables.
Signals for public warnings about storms are updated or reduced depending on the type of disturbance that the weather moves across PAR (Philippines Zone of Responsibility in the Philippines). Before we get into the subject in the Public Storm Warning #1 Signal , let us know about the different warning signs to the general public.
Public Storm Warning System
See the table below to learn about the different warning signs, its time of onset and the way they affect the surrounding environment:
|Warning signal for stormy weather in the public
|Time in hours
|Winds in KMPH
|Light to no damage
|Medium to light effect
|Medium to high-impact
|Very high to extremely severe damage
|Very high, with widespread effects
Public Storm Warning #1 Signal
- 30-60 kmph Winds can be expected to last for 36 hours in an open ocean.
- 1.25 meters up to 4.0 meters height wave could be anticipated.
- Rain showers that are intermittent can be expected.
- For structures that are high-risk, it is recommended to do light to minimal damage is expected.
- For structures with low risk, moderate to slight damage.
- Homes constructed with lighter materials may suffer a little damaged.
- Banana plants are tilted and the leaves are damaged.
- Small tree twigs can be broken or damaged.
- If it is in the stage of flowering, Rice crops can be severely damaged.
- It is suggested that people should be aware of the most current weather forecast every 6 hours, as reported by PAGASA.
- In the normal course, a business can be conducted.
The Latest News On Public Storm Warning #1 Signal
According to the sources, in response to Odette, the signal number. 2 was increased when the weather system changed from a severe storm to a an typhoon this morning at 8am. According to PAGASA (The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Service Administration) stated in its most recent announcement that Rai maximum sustained winds increased to 120 kmph instead of 110 kmph. The typhoon is predicted to get stronger on the 16th of December evening.
Signal #1 Warned Areas
- Southern areas of Romblon
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Parts of Zamboanga
- Misamis Oriental
Based on our studies, generally when PAGASA issues an alert, it indicates that tropical cyclones are continuously in motion. Based on the changes in intensity of the cyclone, its the size as well as direction Public Storm Warning Signal number will alter.
Did our piece regarding Public Storm Warning #1 Signalhelpful to you? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below. Eastern regions of Surigao del Norte and Surigao del Sur are the areas where signals 2 are signal 2 is raised. We have also analyzed and gathered this information from various internet sources and it is advised to do further research. You can learn more here.